Monday, February 9, 2015

Checking In

At one point I decided to give up on saying the usual platitudes of "Sorry I haven't been around LOLOLOL." But still, I wanted to check in with an update of what I've been up to.

MAINTENANCE & ROUTINE
For the larger part, I've been working my routine practice as much as I can, although it's honestly been a bit of a struggle. It's part of that whole "Things are cool, so not much need for activity" things. I've heard of other magicians and sorcerers having a struggle with that, so in many ways it's somewhat typical.

As part of my routine work, I've continued with my regular practice in the Gentlemen for Jupiter, as well. This has usually been a toast to the Order and the legion of Jovian spirits, along with a request related to maintenance and upkeep of my finances.

SWITCHING THINGS UP A LITTLE
Having focused on Rootwork-related magical practices for so long, and then deciding to move away from that, in some ways my magical practices became a burden of variety. I didn't know where to start.

Chatting with the Unlikely Mage, he recommended Peter J. Carroll's horribly-named book(?) or essay(?) 'Liber KKK' (Kaos Keraunos Kybernetikos), so I checked it out. In short, Liber KKK is a curriculum of magical operations covering five 'types' of magical operations across five 'styles' of magical practice.

The first five operations operate under 'Sorcery', or folk magic, which is ironic as this leads me back to Rootwork-style operations. But, I went into the first conjuration with a little gusto, as it involves something I honestly haven't done much of: Create an entity. In this case, an entity to aid in success, magical protections, information gathering and a reservoir of magical power.

I chose to assemble a poppet for this one, and honestly the procedure ended up being a step away from empowering a conjure hand. But still, the entity has been responsive and has performed its tasks well so far, so I'm looking forward to working with it further.

FINISHING STRATEGIC SORCERY
The last thing I wanted to cover vaguely in this post is mention of my final homework assignment in Strategic Sorcery. It's been well over a year since I finished the second-to-last assignment, and since I only have until the end of 2015 to complete the homework and graduate, I've decided to renew my focus on that.

The assignment is to take something from the course a step further, therefore advancing the art of magic. I have decided on something interesting which involves informational sorcery. Once I have completed the assignment and seen what results come from it, I'll definitely post it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment